At the Avenue Inn & Spa, we are committed to providing our users with a website that is accessible to the largest audience possible. We aim to promote accessibility and inclusion for all of our customers.
Our goal is to enable all of our customers to successfully navigate through our website and access all of our digital offerings. Whether you are using assistive technologies such as a screen reader, magnifier, voice recognition software, or captions for videos, our goal is to make your experience at the Avenue Inn & Spa’s website as successful as possible.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website for everyone. This is an ongoing process, and as we continue to strive towards our goal of promoting accessibility, we welcome your feedback on how we might improve. If you have any specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular web page on https://avenueinn.com please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (302) 226-2900.
Hotel Accessibility Information
- Accessible egress to the hotel
- Handicap accessible parking spot
- Accessible public entrance with door width of 34”
- The main entrance of the hotel at 33 Wilmington Avenue has a ramp and automatic sliding doors
- The upper parking lot for check-in parking has automatic sliding doors
- The Rehoboth Avenue entrance 34”+ manual door
- The Avenue Inn & Spa registration desk does not meet the required ADA measurements for wheelchair accessibility. We do provide a contactless check in option.
- Hotel amenities that are accessible by wheelchair
- Indoor pool
- The hot tub, sauna, and steam room are not accessible
- The spa and fitness center are both accessible with manual doors
- Accessible equipment available in public areas
- The hotel is equipped with alarms and strobes in all public areas of the hotel, including the main lobby, fitness center, lobby restrooms, and guest hallways
Accessible features available by room:
201 / 301: WAA – Wilmington Avenue Accessible King. Directly off of the elevator
- Accessible peep hole in the room door
- Roll-in shower
- Shower Seat
- Toilet bars
- Bathroom door is 32” in width
- 27” bed height
- Door width of 32”
- 65 sq ft of bathroom space
- Sufficient space around the bed for a wheelchair
232 / 332: West Side Dunes Accessible King
- Accessible peep hole
- Shower grab bar and toilet grab bar
- Space for shower seat next to the toilet
- 36” bathroom door
- 27” bed height
- Entrance door width of 32”
- Bathroom door width of 36”
- <50 sq ft of bathroom space
Additional Items Available for Guests
- Lobby changing rooms offer shower seats
- Shower seats available upon request
- Toilet risers upon request
- TTY equipment is available
- Feather-free pillows
- Air-purifier upon request
- Service dogs will be welcomed on the property free of charge. Emotional support dogs do not qualify as service dogs and are not welcome. Pets are not allowed at the hotel.
Rehoboth Beach Patrol Wheelchair Program
Beach wheelchairs are available from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. starting Memorial Day weekend. The beach wheelchair program is operated under the supervision of the Rehoboth Beach Patrol. Please contact the Beach Wheelchair Supervisor at Beach Patrol Headquarters, 1 Baltimore Avenue, or at the storage sheds located on the beach at Maryland Avenue and Laurel Street, to accommodate your needs. Beach wheelchairs must remain within two blocks of the pick-up location and may not be used on the boardwalk. Wheelchairs are provided on a first come, first served basis. You will need to provide your name and cell phone number when checking out a beach wheelchair. For more information please call Rehoboth Beach Patrol at 302-227-2280. The Avenue Inn is not affiliated with the Rehoboth Beach Patrol Wheelchair program.
Ramps to the beach are available at Maryland Avenue and Laurel Street. Mobi-Mat locations are at Delaware Avenue and Maryland Avenue.
Wheelchair ramps, regular wheelchairs, motorized scooters. 302-227-7368. The Avenue Inn is not affiliated with 227 Rent.
Delaware Oxygen Concentrator Services
Oxygen tank rentals and repairs. 385-249-6161.
The Avenue Inn is not affiliated with Delaware Oxygen Concentrator Services.