Spring is just around the corner, and so is the 10th annual Lewes Tulip Celebration! Taking place from April 5 to 14, this yearly favorite celebrates beautiful blooms and draws locals and visitors alike.
Lewes was the first town in the first state, and residents are very proud of the town’s Dutch heritage. What could be more Dutch than tulips? All year round, volunteers from local organization Lewes in Bloom plant and maintain beautiful tulip beds throughout the town. More than 20,000 tulip bulbs, representing over 100 varieties, will be in boom this April. Pick up a map to find the best places to see them.
This year’s festive events will include:
• The TWO-LIPS culinary week, featuring special dishes at local restaurants and the chance to win raffle prizes
• Art, quilt and photography exhibits
• Exclusive plant and flower sales
• Plein-air (outdoor) painting opportunities
• The ever-popular tulip trolley tours
• Beekeeping demos and honey samples
• Fun and educational activities for kids
• Floral arrangement demonstrations
• The Oyster Festival on April 6th
As you can see, there’s fun for the entire family at the 10th annual Lewes Tulip Celebration. You won’t want to miss this one-of-a-kind experience!
If you’re planning to attend the 10th annual Lewes Tulip Celebration, book a room at the beautiful Avenue Inn & Spa. We’re located a short drive away in nearby Rehoboth Beach. Celebrate spring by enjoying our spa, indoor pool and beach access before and after the tulip-themed events. Don’t wait—book today!