Our delicious breakfast is served daily and consists of a variety of scrumptious offerings.
Complimentary Hospitality Hour
Our popular Hospitality Hour consists of your favorites:
- Chardonnay Wine
- Burgundy Wine
- Port Wine Cheese
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Start time: 5:00 PM
- End time: 6:00 PM
- Location: Lobby – Front Desk
The Blue Hen is our fantastic James Beard Award-nominated restaurant serving regional American fare and Sussex County specialties! Casual, beach chic’ décor that personifies The Avenue Inn and Spa, the Blue Hen is the perfect setting for your casual family meal or romantic date night. Using the small independent farm and purveyor products that made their sister restaurant, The Henlopen City Oyster House, famous, The Blue Hen delivers the same commitment to top quality eats, craft beers and boutique wines. The Blue Hen is the new favorite spot for locals and visitors alike. Show your room key for a special treat.
Hours – Vary with the seasons, visit their webpage for specific hours of operation or call (302) 278-7842
24-hour business center
We have a desktop computer and printer available for your use, and fax services are available as well.
Location: Lobby Library/Sun Room
Complimentary underground self-parking – One vehicle per room please.
Stay fit while you’re having fun!
- 24-Hour fitness facilities
- Elliptical machine
- Utility bench
- Fusion strength machine
- Rowing machine
- Exercise balls
- Location: Lobby – located opposite the spa
- Indoor heated saltwater pool
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Steam room
- Pool towels are provided at the front desk
- Location: 3rd Floor
- Hours – 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. daily
- Onsite coin laundry
- Location: Second floor
Spa services provided by the acclaimed Avenue Apothecary & Spa. Popular with locals and visitors alike, advance reservations are highly recommended. Call (302) 227-5649.
Services include: massages, deep tissue massage, hot stone massage, prenatal massage, sports massage, Swedish massage, Thai massage, aromatherapy treatments, body scrubs, body treatments, body wraps, facial treatments, manicures and pedicures, detoxification wrap, reflexology, makeup, waxing, and more.
Location: Hotel Lobby
- The boardwalk and beach are just one block away
- Free beach Shuttle during high season
- Complimentary sun loungers
- Beach towels
- We do not provide umbrellas, but you can rent one at the beach
Service animals and pets
We are not a pet-friendly hotel. We will only accept trained/certified service animals; we do not accept emotional support animals of any kind.
In room Amenities
- Refrigerator and Microwave in every guest room
- Climate control – Air conditioning and heating
- In room Entertainment – Flat-screen televisions with cable and streaming services
- Iron and Ironing Board, Hair Dryer
- Ice Bucket and drinking glasses
Daily housekeeping– Suspended as part of COVID-19 safety protocols until further notice
- Designer Toiletries, backlit mirror, magnifying mirror.
- Some rooms have tub/shower combinations while others have stand-up glass-enclosed showers
- Premium bath towels
- Forget something? We have essential items like razors, shaving cream, toothbrushes, emery boards, sewing kits, and more.