This time of year can serve up more than extra helpings of food and plus size beverages. Stress levels are on the rise for many of us. To combat stress in your life, here are 10 tips to de-stress this holiday.
10 tips to get out of stress fast.
- 1. Count to 10 before you speak or react.
- 2. Take a few slow, deep breaths until you feel your body relax a bit.
- 3. Go for a walk, even if it’s just to the restroom and back. It can help break the tension and give you a chance to think things through.
- 4. Try a quick meditation or mantra to get some perspective.
- 5. If it’s not urgent, sleep on it and respond tomorrow. This works especially well for stressful emails and social media trolls.
- 6. Walk away from the situation for a while, and handle it later once things have calmed down.
- 7. Break down big problems into smaller parts. Take one step at a time instead of trying to tackle everything at once.
- 8. Chill out with music or an inspirational podcast to help you calm down while driving.
- 9. Take a break to pet a dog, hug a loved one or help someone out.
- 10. Work out or do something active. Exercise is one of the best antidotes for stress.
The tips above were provided by the American Heart Association. You can read about more wellness tips at heart.org/HealthyForGood
Hopefully these tips help you stay healthy and less stressed this season.
From our Family to Yours – Happy Holidays!